Please remember that the water in your dreams may be a statement about your emotions and the unconscious. Sharks, water-dwelling animals, could represent unpleasant emotions or difficult and painful materials coming up from the unconscious. You may feel some emotional upset, and the shark could be the symbol of the perceived emotional danger. Old dream interpretation books say that sharks may represent dishonest friends or reflect financial troubles.
If it is the dreamer dying, it never has any connection to a real impending physical death. Rather, it is a reference to the need to change one’s path in life and allow old attitudes to die. Death usually means that radical change is necessary.
Basically, there are eight different levels of this symbol:
1. An indication that a necessary end has come to a certain phase.
It is a transition to something new.
2. The desire to shed something (attitudes, behavior, situation, etc.).
3. A suggestion to come to terms with death and the fear of death, meaning a search for fulfillment and productivity.
4. A limit has been reached and there is an inability to know how to go beyond that limit.
5. A suggestion to take better care of one’s health.
6. Something is dying inside.
7. A close connection with somebody deceased.
8. A desire for peace, solitude, and harmony (“the death of fear”).
According to Jung, dreaming about death means letting go of something that has died; it is a symbol of transformation and a new beginning.... death / killing dream meaning
This is symbolic of destroying the energy derived from the instincts.
It is trying to eradicate the very raw power of basic behaviour. Taming or harnessing the animal shows the efforts made to control our instincts and, if possible, make them productive and useful.... killing the animal dream meaning
Attempting to kill the animal within (our lower brain functions) can cause tension, depression and illness; giving in entirely is no answer either as our higher brain functions need expression also. One of the challenges of maturing and growing is to meet and relate to our ‘animal instincts’, and if possible find ways to express them positively. To dream of eating an animal suggests that you need to draw upon your own inner wisdom and energy, but it can also suggest a desire for sensual pleasure.... killing or eating an animal dream meaning