(2) Alternatively, blue may represent the power of the conscious mind, particularly if it is the blue of the sky.
(3) Dark blue may be associated with depression - ‘the blues’.
(4) Blue clothing may symbolize masculinity. Tony Crisp (in his Dream Dictionary) observes that women sometimes dream of threatening men dressed in blue - dark blue or navy. Such a dream should motivate the dreamer to get in touch with her animus and enter into dialogue with it, with a view to establishing a more positive relationship both with the masculine in herself and also with real men in the external world. Perhaps examining her relationship with her father will be the key to understanding her negative attitude towards men and masculinity.
(5) The blue sea may symbolize the unconscious or the feminine (anima, mother, or Great Mother).
See also Mother. For anima) below.
(6) At an advanced level of mystical awareness, I understand blue may represent the primal energy from which the universal life-force comes. (In mythology the primeval ocean is that from which all other things arise; though, strictly speaking, the primeval ocean is not itself a thing: it is without form or shape but contains the potential for all forms and shapes.)